Become a Friend and support the work of the Trust!
The Friends of Buckinghamshire’s Historic Churches is, in effect, the support group of the Trust. We aim –
We achieve this by organising regular events and newsletters for Friends. Money raised from subscriptions and events, apart from administrative expenses, goes annually to the Trust – in the last two years we have been able to give the Trust more than £10,000 – the equivalent of three or four grants to places of worship in Buckinghamshire. The Friends are run by a small committee consisting of an Hon Chairman, who is a trustee, an Hon Secretary and an Hon Treasurer, all of whom are appointed by the Trust, and at least one other member appointed by the committee.
By becoming a Friend of Buckinghamshire’s Historic Churches –
– you will help to support the work of the Trust and make a real contribution to raising awareness of the Trust’s work;
– you will receive a priority booking application form for the annual reception, usually held in an historic house in Buckinghamshire. The applications for this are generally well oversubscribed and so as a Friend you will improve your chances of getting a ticket;
– you will be invited to visit a number of Churches and Chapels with a specialist – guide: in recent years we have visited churches and chapels in the north and south of the county, and arranged a rare visit to the Bedford Chapel at Chenies;
– you will be invited to attend the annual lecture: past topics have included favourite churches in Bucks, a review of chapels in Bucks, and specific topics such as bell ringing, stained glass or brass monuments;
– you will be invited to visit interesting buildings not always readily accessible – in the past two years we have visited Oxford College Chapels and the College of Arms in London;
– you will receive a copy of the Trust’s Annual Report.
Details of all Friends’ events are circulated to members and can be found on this website.
The suggested minimum annual cost of becoming a Friend of Buckinghamshire’s Historic Churches is only £20.00 for one person or £30.00 for two people at the same address but if you were able to give more this would be greatly appreciated. Details of Life Membership are available from the Hon Treasurer whose details are on the form.
If you would like to join, please complete your contact details on the application form. To reduce administration costs please complete the standing order instruction; otherwise send a cheque payable to: Friends of Buckinghamshire’s Churches.
|We take good care of your personal data and have updated our Data Protection Policy to reflect the changes that came into effect on the 25th of May 2018 (GDRP Regulations). You can download a copy HERE.|