Wing – All Saints
All Saints is, by any standards, a large, imposing church whose size has hardly changed since Saxon times. Many changes have taken place over the years with the last changes being made in the 16th century.
Stewkley – St. Michael
One of the most striking features of this church is the chevron decoration that is used around arches and as a frieze at window sill height. Very little restoration has been done to this church with the last change being the addition of a vestry in 1910.
Fingest – St. Bartholomew
The famous Norman tower dates from the 12th century and may have belonged to an earlier Saxon church. The architecture has been modified over the years and bears traces of the later ‘Decorated’ and ‘Perpendicular’ styles.
Dinton – St. Peter and St. Paul
The church at Dinton was largely rebuilt in the 13th century and the earlier south doorway was incorporated into the new building. The church was altered repeatedly during the 15th century.
Twyford – Church of the Assumption
Twford is a small village just south of Buckingham. The only remains of the early Norman Church are the magnificent south doorway and part of the chancel arch. The uneven floor and old fittings give the interior a pleasently unrestored appearance.
Hanslope – St. James
St James’s, Hanslope, with its soaring 15th century tower and spire, can be seen for many miles around. The present-day church was completed in the late 1400s with the rebuilding of the nave and restoration was also carried out in the 18th century. The spire had to be replaced in 1804 after the original was destroyed in a storm.
Lillingstone Dayrell – St. Nicholas
The Dayrells dominated this community for 800 years and continued to appoint the priests up to the late 19th century. The original church was probably built in the 12th century and the most remarkable feature is the 13th century chancel.
Little Missenden – St. John the Baptist
The church dates from the 12th century and the most notable features of Little Missenden Church are the wall paintings on the north wall of the nave.